Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company. Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel.
As part of the Sales Marketing department, the intern will be provided with hands on sales, marketing, brand promotion and digital branding experience on a daily basis. In addition, the intern will be involved in the creation and execution of key station partnerships, sales proposals and assist in executing both on air and onsite activities as part of their weekly schedule.
· Report directly to the Sales Management Team.
· Work directly with Sales Team, Sales Assistants, and Key Account Coordinators on Daily assignments, tasks, and brainstorms related to the activation and creation of key accounts.
· Act as a professional representative of Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
· Be punctual and organized
· Attire: Business Professional attire
· Prospect new businesses in the market looking to advertise across the 6 station multi-media group
· Help build client proposals and recaps
· Understand marketing tools available to station clientele
· Create and write radio commercials with current accurate copy details
· Represent stations at special events, station promotions, and meetings
· Interact with clients
· Observe stations sales and promotions meetings
· Contribute to clients and station event planning and brainstorming
· Interact with industry representatives through face to face meetings, phone interaction
· Internet research for advertising/campaign concepts
· Photograph station events for documenting
· Observation opportunities: in-studio and various departments (gaining insight and understanding on how departments function as a whole).
· Act as an active participant of the Sales Marketing team
Internship is unpaid and student must be enrolled in a credit based program through university program.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
· Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
· Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
· Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.).
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and a clean driving record.
· Limited travel (less than 5% of business days) for periodic corporate meetings and industry events.
Springfield, Ma United States
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.